Wednesday 29 April 2009

Trailer Park Of Terror (2008)

Six troubled high school students and their chaperon, and their youth ministries Pastor get into a smash on their bus which leaves them stranded while returning from an outdoor character building retreat in the mountains. Little do they know that when they stumble upon a trailer park, the chaos that waits for them as there is home to Norma a super-hot and damned Red neck and her band of blood-thirsty and cursed friends who are hell-bent on destruction.

With 30 DAYS OF NIGHT making the jump from graphic novel to movie and quickly becoming one of my favourite horror movies of 2007 I made a point of keeping an eye out for other horror comic books/graphic novel adaptations so when Demented Dave, our horror guy mentioned this one to me I took note. I had originally planned on reading some general horror comic books before watching anything but when TRAILER PARK OF TERROR fell into my lap the urge to watch it was too great.

TRAILER PARK OF TERROR is your normal bog-standard red necks in a trailer park who turn into demons and prey on passers by’s type of movie. Ok, maybe thats not quite bog-standard but there’s been similar stories. For me this one comes in as one of the better attempts. It never quite takes it’s self seriously nor does it try to be something it’s not. The othere elements of the movie which helped it along for me where some of the effects and make up which for a movie with a lower budget were surprisingly good. It also had some decent gore and death scenes which let's face it, we love as horror fans.

Yes, it’s not without its flaws, in between some great lines there is some poor acting but for a Direct-to-DVD release we we’re never going to get Oscar-worthy performances but I have to admit to loving Norma, the leader pf the these cursed soles. Not only did she looked good but her characters was quite amusing too.

If you enjoyed FEAST and JACK BROOKS: MOSNTER SLAYER then this one may just be for you. If not then it’s still well worth a watch as it’s a lot of fun.

I don't know, maybe it's just me or that I've watched too many horror movies but I still managed to find Norma hot even with the makeup!

Date: 12/02/2009
Rating: 3.5/5
Copyright ©2009 Rough Cut Reviews.
Read this review and more on: http://www.roughcutreviews.com/

No comments: